This state-of-the-art equipment is versatile and gives us the opportunity to work for different applications :
- Evaluation of the capacity to use recycled fibers from shredding processes
- Recycling post production or post consumer textiles is one of the tools for waste management and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/) . This equipment will give the opportunity to industrial partners to evaluate the feasibility of yarn using these types of recycled fibers.
- Evaluation of yarn spinning with natural fibers
- With a growing demand for natural fibers and project to explore potentials with such fibers, there is a need to evaluate the possibility of yarn processing. This equipment will help manufacturers for proof of concepts, optimisation of yarn, and much more.
- Evaluation of fiber blends properties
- One step ahead : testing a new blend of fiber to reduce raw materials cost, carbon footprint, simplify your supply chain.
The equipment is made of 3 modules :
- Laboratory carding machine
- Miniature drawframe
- Mini ring spinning lab
Additional prototypes such as woven and knitted materials is also available to complete industry project. Our prototyping capacities.
Once the yarn is produced (or a fabric), a performance testing is available at CTT.
Quick view of the training session by Mesdan, at CTT : Mini ligne de filature pour prototypage de fils
This equipment is operating since june 2022
Data at a glance :
Minimum fiber need : 50 grams
Fiber type : short staple fibers 20 to 102mm (0.75” to 4”)
Average production (Card) 4kg/h
Spinning machine : 6 spindles
Yarn size : Ne 8 up to Ne 80 ( 7 to 74 Tex) [ 66 denier to 664 deniers ]
More information : email@example.com